There are undoubtedly plenty of hobbies to take up when living in Australia. One of the most famous ones is surfing. The beaches in this country are ideal for riding waves. However, people are sometimes reluctant to get into Aussie waters.

This is because of the possibility of a shark attack happening. However, the fact of the matter is, that shark attacks are extremely rare, and most surfers will never even see these creatures while out in the water. An average of only three people per year will die from shark encounters. The chance of this happening to a person is highly unlikely.

Besides hobbies, employment will be an issue on the mind of every newcomer to the country. Australia has a thriving economy, but it is not always easy to find a job there. Those who have a working holiday visa will only be able to be legally employed for a maximum of six months. After this, the visa will need to be renewed.

The person employing them will also have to make sure that they are following the rules. They will need to register as a working holidaymaker employer. This is to ensure that their tax rates are correct.

When young people first come to live in Australia, they are often tempted to work in bars and pubs. This line of employment does not require too much experience or a specialised degree. Therefore, many people are attracted to it. However, legally, a bar worker will need to have a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate.

Luckily this certificate is reasonably easy to obtain. All a person needs to do is attend a simple training course. There is a government entity that provides this for foreign workers. Those who want an RSA, need to be aware of this so that they get the right training.